Short of time? Need to quickly start developing WordPress theme for your client? Well, You’re in luck.
I have had the same struggle, Whenever I had a new client and he/she wanted a new WordPress theme from scratch or I am building a new theme for some marketplace, I have to do the whole basic things again and again, So just to save some of my time, I created this boilerplate for WordPress themes but then it hit me, Why just keep it to myself?
From the last few weeks I have been struggling to get my themes on the themeforest but some of the stuff I was doing was – in their words – not done the right way. So in this Boilerplate I have used the ways that are suggested by the review team at themeforest.
- Ready to use Bootstarp.
- Ready to use Themify Icons.
- Import Google fonts the rightway.
- Sample Functions.php & other starter files.
- Bootstrap NavWalker Imported (Thanks to https://github.com/twittem/wp-bootstrap-navwalker ).
How to use
So you have downloaded the WordPress Theme Boilerplate, Here are a few things that you should keep in mind.
- Simply perform a global search for “THEMENAME” and replace it with your WordPress theme name or slug, The prefix etc will be replaced.
- Update the fonts name in import/google-fonts.php to your fonts.
- To add new script, use import/scripts.php